Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: remember this fairy tale??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ahh im am extreamly frustrated over such a little thing. I was talking with one of my friends and we were remembering all the old kid songs we used to sing....and how we used to have them memorized but not anymore. like yankee doodle..i actually had to look up the words.

    neways, then i started thinking about a fairy tale that i really loved. but i cant remember it!! i know it had a movie (at least i think it did). it was about a little girl and she had a grandmother who had long beautiful gray/silver hair. and she lived in an attic or something and she spun thread. then there was this imp/elf/thing that talked to the little. girl.

    thats all i remember >_>...i thought it might be one of the Grimm's Fairy Tale, but i looked through the whole book and found no trace.

    i know it exist cuz from that little descrpition my sister recognized it but couldnt remember much or either.

    so does this crappy description ring a bell??? anything would help.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member spacelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi! I'm new [img]smile.gif[/img] and to reply to your message are you refering to The Princess and the Goblin? I dunno I saw something like that in that movie. Well anyways I also have a fairytale that I want to read, but I forgot the name! It was about this girl who was turned into a bird by a witch who liked her voice...uhh my memory is bad so I don't know what happens next *sweatdrops* Well, hope that helps...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yah thats it!!! wow i am soo going to the library now to go read it again....though now all the things i thought were great in it as are kid probably wont seem that way anymore.

    hmmm i dunno about your fairy tale..but would it have something to do with three wishes? because i remember an "Are You Afraid Of The Dark" (for those who don't know that was a tv show back a while ago where they told "scary" stories over a camp fire) where the girl had three wishes. then afterwards when she didnt like how her first 2 wishes went she used her last to wish it all never happened...and then somehow she got turned into a bird. but i dont remember if it was the witch who did that or another girl.

    hmmm could be wrong though cuz as im writing this im thinking maybe i read it in a book >_>' damn memory

    edit: oh yah and welcome to the board ^_^

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ August 15, 2003 06:09 PM: Message edited by: jadey ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Erithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That first fairy tale definitely sounds like "The Princess and the Goblin" by the Scottish author George MacDonald. It's an amazing fairy tale. I loved the grandmother.

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ August 16, 2003 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Erithe ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bucket_shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2003
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Spacelion: I just thought "The Swan Princess", cause she's a bird, tho' I dunno how she became a swan or if a voice had anything to do with it (a very bad memory trying to help here ^^;; ) . That's prob'ly not the one you're looking for... but the only show I can distinctly remember having anything to do voices is "The Little Mermaid", tho' that's got nothing to do with birds, 'cept the seagull. :S

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ August 17, 2003 08:36 AM: Message edited by: bucket_shot ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cutelittlekitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2003
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the seagull was only in the disney version of the little mermaid [img]tongue.gif[/img] the original story of the little mermaid has a very sad ending which disney totally ignored.

    as for a witch that turned a girl into a bird... i'm not sure if it's the one you're thinking of, but there is a Grimm fairytale about a witch that turned little girls into birds called 'Jorinda and Joringel'. but i don't think it was because of the girl's voice. so that's probably not it. wish i could be more help.

    Kitty

  7. #7
    Inactive Member speakerofthedead's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2003
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I liked the original version of The Little Mermaid... I found it a lot cuter, and the ending was actually a lot better, although it was really sad. Actually, I don't remeber the Disney version. I think my cousin stole it off me.
    Anyway, Disney had to change the ending so they could have a sequel. -.-;;;

    Jadey, I think it was the other girl in the Goosebumps story. She tells main character that she wishes she'd 'just fly away'.

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ August 18, 2003 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Alai ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hehe oh yah it was goosebumps. and goosebumps was a show for a bit. wow i have such a confused memory ive read to many books. man goosebumps was cool untill he got to book number like 50 sometin and he started running out of ideas.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ahhhhh goosebumps. XD I remember that book. "Be Careful What You Wish For"? I used to be a huge Goosebumps fan in middle school. :x Then there was also Fear Steet, Christopher Pike, and after that I got bored of all those books. XD (I think it was when I realized that R.L. Stine didn't write his own books [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

    I'm also a huge Brothers Grimm fan, and a fan of all fairy tales in general. ^^ And as for the bird thing...it *could* be the Swan Princess if you remember what happens next. XD The girl is turned into a swan by day, but she reverts to herself at night, and she has to get the prince to announce his love for her so that she can revert back to girl form forever. And er...I think it was an evil witch that turned her. Or a warlock. Different versions have different baddies. XD

    And I'm really sad that Disney stopped doing fairy tale cartoons. :x I loved their classic ones, like Beauty and the Beast, the Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty...all the princess ones. ~.^ I still think they should have done Rapunzel. .__. That's one of my favorite stories.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Weee! Fairy Tales! I like the original Little Mermaid better than the Disney one, too. Although when I was little I always thought the Disney one was the original, until I discovered we had the real one XD

    My favorite fairy tale (well don't remeber if it actually is a fairy tale) is The Last Unicorn. Beauty and the Beast is my second favorite. [img]cool.gif[/img]

    I never really got into the Goosebump books although I'd watch the TV show once in awhile.

    I also remember "Are you afraid of the dark?" Yowza, that show was on when I was probably 7 or 8. Didn't watch it that much, since back then I was a big chicken (still kind of am now though XD)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •